Help yourself and the environment!
Water has many uses for healthy living and daily routines. This morning I was considering the water I, myself, misuse on a daily basis. Take a minute to consider the water you misuse…
The average person uses fifty gallons of water per day and consumes around eight glasses.
- When you’re in the kitchen put a big pan of water in the sink so you don’t have to keep running the water.
- When you brush your teeth, don’t leave the water running longer than necessary.
- Every time you wash your hands consider how high the faucet is turned up.
- Sometimes when you go to the bathroom, flushing is not always necessary, to save on water.
- In the morning, when you get in the shower the water can be turned off while your scrubbing your body.
- With the dishwasher and laundry, always have a full load before running.
The water that I misuse could be used to live a healthier lifestyle. Consider ways water can be incorporated to help you live healthier:
- When you go to eat and get soda, get water.
- Instead of getting bottled water consider noting where the water faucets are for extra daily doses.
- For exercise use the water for swimming.
- Consider getting a pitcher at the store to filter your water.
Can you think of other ways to safe water in your daily routines? Remember, if we all do a little to help, we can save a lot!